Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Worcester Therapy Group our belief is therapists should fully understand the meaning of cultural diversity and acknowledge the impact of differing cultural experiences on themselves, their clients and their therapeutic work.
We are committed to ensuring and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion for all staff members and Associates working for the practice and for all clients accessing our services. Our policy is in line with the ethos and requirements of the Equality Act 2010
Our aim is to be representative of all sections of society, with each staff member, Associate and client treated with equal dignity and respect at all times.
We will not tolerate of any form of discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age.
We recognise and understand that there are processes inherent in any organisation that can operate against this intention; hence we acknowledge the need to continually revisit our policies and practices to ensure that our best intentions are followed.
We promise to:
- ensure that all clients are treated equally with dignity and respect
- promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- provide the same treatment and services to any client irrespective of age, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, religion or belief
This policy applies to all staff members, Associates and clients of the practice.
If you feel discriminated against
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Practice Manager
- The Practice Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially
- The Practice Manager will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through our complaints procedure. And if ultimately, you feel we have not dealt with your complaint adequately you can raise your concerns with BACP who will offer support and further advice.
Discrimination against our Staff and Associates
Worcester Therapy Group will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff or Associates by any client. Any client who expresses any form of discrimination against or harassment of any member of our staff will be required to leave the practice premises immediately and may also be removed from our client list, at the discretion of the Practice Management.